Private boarding schools have presented some substantial advantages in a world where educational institutions have to compete for their students. These advantages guarantee that the students attending these institutions not only receive quality and challenging education but also develop into responsible and well-rounded young adults:
1) Quality & challenging curriculum: To attract high-level students to its institution, a private boarding school must provide an educational program that is at least as good as (if not better than) any other school in the state or country. To ensure this, such institutions frequently seek out highly qualified teachers and offer them competitive salaries, thus ensuring they’ll provide the most advanced studies possible. Such studies include college prep classes, research paper writing, speech and debate, community service projects, sports training, etc.
2) Personal attention: with lower student-to-teacher ratios (usually around ten students per one faculty member), the boarding school can provide more personal attention for each student attending its program. This additional personal attention allows teachers to take notice of each child’s specific requirements, thus allowing them to focus on improving their academic or athletic skills without falling behind in other areas.
3) Balanced education & early socialization: another essential advantage that private boarding schools can offer is a strong sense of balance between academic studies (college prep classes) and extracurricular activities (sports, arts, dance). As research has proven, having regular involvement in both of these areas can help develop a child into a well-rounded adult who can follow their dreams and goals and stay healthy and happy along the way.
4) Leadership opportunities: as students progress through the years in the boarding school, they are given numerous opportunities to take on leadership roles within their organizations. This provides them with valuable experience that can be applied to future jobs or even post-school goals.
5) Small class size & personal attention: yet another advantage of private boarding schools is found in their small student body. Because there’s a limited number of spots available at any one time, each child attending such institutions becomes an integral part of the group dynamic, thus allowing faculty members to play a more critical role in their lives and provide them with assistance whenever they need it.
6) College application assistance: as many parents know, the college admission process can be challenging, especially for children who do not know what steps they should follow. To handle this issue, some private boarding schools provide additional help to their students during this time, allowing them to create winning resumes & CVs, develop better interview skills, etc. This way, when it comes time for these young adults to apply for colleges or scholarships of their choice, the chances that they’ll receive one are much higher than average.
7) Time management training: because most of these institutions are located far from urban centers (typically where children attend high schools), their schedules can become quite demanding. This is why many private boarding schools train each of their students in time management skills, which helps them develop a better work ethic and succeed in most living areas.