A door is more than just an obstruction for security and privacy. For a home, it can be the first impression visitors get of your taste and decorating choices. Modern homes are increasingly going for all-glass doors to showcase their design without sacrificing their sense of privacy or security. Here are some reasons why this is a trend that may stick around for awhile:
1) All-glass doors give you the chance to display your décor tastefully without compromising on any of its functionality. This is because all-glass doors are much more visually transparent that panes of glass. This gives you the chance to showcase artwork while still keeping an eye on everyone who visits.
2) Glass doors provide you with privacy, in case you are not willing to part with it. You can use a wooden frame and laminate and place it within the glass walls to gain the desired level of privacy. This will not only enhance your décor, but it will also give you that sense of security.
3) An all-glass door is an effective security device as well when operated in conjunction with gaskets on both sides. This can allow you to see the exterior without anyone seeing the interior. The only type of glass that is recommended for all-glass doors is laminated glass.
4) If you have an all-glass door, you will also be able to save on your energy bills. The glass lets in sunlight and reflects it, thereby heating your room and reducing the amount of heating and air conditioning needed.
5) All-glass doors are eco-friendly as well. They bring in natural light, which is the most eco-friendly form of lighting. This means you can be part of the global effort to save energy and reduce carbon emissions.
6) All-glass doors are more economical. This is because you may choose to use wooden frames and laminate on the glass, thus making it cost-effective. Laminated glass is much more durable and sturdy, making it cost effective as well.
7) Glass doors can also be custom made for your home’s size and design preferences. This means that you can also have a door that perfectly fits the design of your home without worrying about it restricting the movement within or outside of the room.
All-glass doors are a good option for you if you’re looking for typical wooden doors without compromising on their usefulness or looks. The glass lets in light and also allows you to have control over the privacy of your home. In fact, most homes that go for all-glass doors do not feel the need to install blinds and curtains once they have them. They can create a beautiful room that is both private and open at the same time. This should give you a few reasons to reconsider your current idea of doors and how they can make a difference to your home décor. All-glass doors are a great way to keep everyone safe and warm as well as being a statement piece that speaks volumes about your personality.