Like most people, you probably wish you had more living space in your home. And if you’re lucky enough to have a loft, you may wonder if it’s possible to convert it into usable space. The answer is yes; with the help of a company like Surrey Loft, converting your loft can be an easy and affordable way to gain extra living space in your home.
- Loft conversion and benefits.
A loft conversion transforms an unused or underused loft into a usable living space. The benefits of a loft conversion are many, including increased living space, added value to your property, and more.
- The different types of loft conversions
There are several types of loft conversions, each with its own benefits. The most common types of conversions are:
• Hipped roof conversions: This conversion is perfect for homes with hip roofs. It’s one of the most affordable options and can add up to 30% more living space to your home.
• Gable roof conversions: Gable roof conversions are perfect for homes with gable roofs. They’re a bit more expensive than hipped roof conversions, but they can add up to 40% more living space to your home.
• Dormer conversions: Dormer conversions are perfect for adding extra headroom and living space to your loft. They’re also one of the most expensive options, but they can add up to 70% more living space to your home.
- How Surrey Loft can help you with the conversion process
Surrey Loft can help you every step if you’re considering a loft conversion. We have over 25 years of experience in the industry, and we can help you with everything from designing your conversion to getting it approved by your local council.
- What to expect during and after the conversion process
The conversion process can be a bit daunting, but our team at Surrey Loft will be there to help you every step of the way. You can expect the following during the process:
• A consultation with one of our experts to discuss your needs and goals for the conversion.
• Designing and planning your conversion according to your specific needs and preferences.
• Liaising with your local council for approval on your conversion plans.
• Carrying out the actual conversion work, which includes installing new flooring, windows, and stairs (if needed).
• Final touches like painting and decorating, so you can enjoy your new living space as soon as possible.
After the conversion is complete, you can expect:
• Increased living space that you can use right away.
• A property that is more valuable than it was before the conversion.
• The peace of mind of knowing your home is more enjoyable and comfortable to live in.
- The cost of a loft conversion
The cost of a loft conversion will vary depending on several factors, including the size and layout of your loft, the type of conversion you choose, and the company you use for the job. However, on average, you can expect to pay between £20,000 and £30,000 for a typical loft conversion.
If you’re looking for a way to increase living space in your home, a loft conversion is a great option. With the help of Surrey Loft, you can expect the entire process to be hassle-free and the result to be exactly what you wanted.